My life may not perfect but it is blessed because I have a wonderful Lord and Savior who knows me and loves me anyway!


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all......

If you are my age, the title might make you think of the old guys on Hee Haw on Satuday nights that would sing that song and compare all of their woes and heartaches.  I feel somedays as if that song were written for me! 

Last night we spent a lovely evening in the emergency room at our local hospital.  My daughter slipped on some grease on the floor at a local eating establishment and busted her knee!  This girl and her accidents are always of astronomical proportions!  In kindergarten, she played super hero off the top of the slide only to land on her arm and break it.  That was the beginning..... Her next major accident involved a cliff at Wilderness Trek Camp.  A little slip of the rocks and down she went with no restraints or safety gear whatsoever!  Only a good looking foreign exchange student to keep her from falling directly on the ground below by attempting to catch her!  That resulted in a spiral fracture of her right leg that now is the home to four titanium pins holding it together.  Now, we own another pair of crutches.  We have no broken bone but a lot of fluid around and under the knee cap.  Nice....

All of this after three solid years of injury, surgeries, therapy, thousands of miles on the vehicles driving to and from doctor's appointments for my husband.  Me in and out with all sorts of problems from staff infections to nervous breakdown!  I'm ready for some reprieve!!!

You would think that we would be good candidates to be angry with God.  Wouldn't you?  Quite the contrary...we praise God for our blessings inspite of the heartaches!  God has done wonderful things with out family over the last three years.  We are a living testimony that God takes care of those who love him and do his will. 

So, does luck really have anything to do with it????  I think not.  It's just the events that line up for the day and we happen to be in their path but, God is traveling with us down that path.  We are safe in his arms no matter what the outcome that the fate of the earth might have for us!

No comments: