My life may not perfect but it is blessed because I have a wonderful Lord and Savior who knows me and loves me anyway!


Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I can't believe I am about to say this.......

I agree with something that Obama has said!  Yes, I really said that I agree with something he said!  I agree with a statement that our president said!!!  I was watching Fox and Friends this morning when a story came up about Obama making a statement about Las Vegas.  To summarize, he basically stated that if you don't have the money to pay your mortgage or save for your kids college, you don't need to be spending money on a Las Vegas vacation!  I AGREE WITH HIM!  And the city of Las Vegas is in an uproar and every representative of that state is in an uproar because he had the audacity to make a statement like that!

Wow...Doesn't it make perfect sense to you that if you are in a financial crisis, you would avoid ellaborate expenditures of any kind???  (Yes, my family is in a state of financial crisis. And yes, I made a trip to Las Vegas this past summer.  So, let's clarify before you make a statement.  My trip to Las Vegas was totally funded by my dear sweet friends who just wanted to take my mind off of our life troubles.  It was one of the best weeks but I didn't have to spend anything.)

Back to the subject at hand.  I have to side with him on this one.  Las Vegas is a money sucking sin haven that is not now and never will be family friendly!  I don't care what their director of tourism says!  The subject of his statment, however, had nothing to do with Vegas itself.  It has to do with thinking before you spend if you have had your hand out for help. 

Now with that being said, wouldn't it be nice if he would take his own advice????  Wouldn't it be nice if he would think before HE spends out money after we have taken hand outs from such countries as China???  Wouldn't it be nice if he would stop people like Pelosi who spend outrageous amounts of American tax dollars on her lavish jet costs flying to and from Washington DC on a weekly basis?  And wouldn't it be nice if he followed the founding father's guidelines of the Constitution and started working towards an administration that had a $0 balance at the end of their term?

I agree with what he said, I just hope he learns to take his own advice!

(All you friends on Facebook, check out my blogspot!  The html is under my website in my info)

No comments: